Information We Collect
Brookwood’s policy is to protect the confidentiality of the individually identifiable information that you provide, and we limit access to that information only to those with a need to know. Brookwood may collect the following information from you: name, e-mail address, company name, requested business interests, street address, city, state ZIP, phone number. In addition, if you choose to complete certain forms or send us requests, you may be asked to provide the following information: full name, street address, city, state ZIP, phone number, e-mail address, and, if you place an order, credit card number or other payment information. If you are placing an order with us we may also request information necessary to perform a credit check, including bank references.
Brookwood logs your current Internet address (this is usually a temporary address assigned by your Internet service provider when you log in), the type of operating system you are using, and the type of browser software used. In addition, Brookwood may keep track of what portions of this Site you are visiting. Brookwood aggregates this information to help Brookwood improve or create a better experience for users of the Site. For example: Brookwood may upgrade those parts of the Site that are heavily visited.
Our website automatically records website usage information that we analyze statistically to track operational problems, to prevent fraud and to improve the effectiveness, security and integrity of the site. We do not use this information to track or record information about individuals. We will disclose this information to third parties only in aggregate form or as may be required by law. For each page that you visit, we may collect and store the following technical information in what is called a web server log file:
- Date and time of access
- URL address of the Brookwood webpage visited
- Internet domain and IP address from which our website was accessed
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our site (if provided by the browser)
- URL address of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- Completion or success status of the request for a web page or other on-line item
- File size of the webpage visited
A cookie is a piece of information that a web site sends to your computer, which is stored in a file on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie does not tell us your individual identity unless you have chosen to provide it to us. Most cookies expire after a defined period of time.
Using the settings of your Internet browser, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, notify you when a cookie is set, or delete cookies that have already been set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, however, if you choose to turn off cookies, you may not have access to many features that optimize your browsing of our Site, and some of our services may not function properly. You may at any time delete any cookies set by using the relevant option of your Internet browser or by deleting the cookies on your hard drive. The site www.allaboutcookies.org includes instructions for managing cookies on many commonly used Internet browsers, or you may consult the vendor documentation for your specific software.
Information Collected from Other Sources
How We Use Information
Brookwood may collect, use, retain, share, and store personal information collected from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- To provide and improve the Services. Brookwood uses your personal information – such as your address and transaction details – to respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information; to fulfill, validate, manage, deliver, and/or track your orders and transactions; process payments; to process and verify returns and refunds; and to provide and improve our customer service. In addition, Brookwood may use personal information to analyze and improve the performance, usage and operations of our services using internal or external software and tools; to better understand who is using the services and how; and to develop new products or services.
- To communicate with you. For example, Brookwood may use your personal information – such as your email address, telephone number, usernames, and other contact information – to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with information about your account, purchases, transactions, and Services; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, contests, focus groups, and promotions; to engage with you over Site features such as product ratings/reviews; to provide you offers by email, mail, and across other websites, mobile applications, social media, and online services as appropriate; and to otherwise communicate with you as needed or permitted to run Brookwood’s business.
- To provide you personalized advertising, marketing, and other information we think may be of interest to you. For example, Brookwood may use your personal information – such as your IP address and device identifiers – to help Brookwood or our service providers deliver interest-based advertising and content that is tailored to your individual interests. This includes advertising networks and data analytics service providers who facilitate customized advertising and marketing services. Brookwood, or our service providers, partners, or affiliates, may provide this content via email, mail, across other websites, mobile applications, social media, or online services, as appropriate. Brookwood also may use your online identifiers to enhance and personalize your online and in-store purchasing experiences, and to recognize or welcome you to the Sites or Apps. Please visit “Process for Review and Changes” below for further information on how to opt out of certain interest-based advertising, including information about Do-Not-Track options and how to disable cookies.
- To perform business reporting, analysis, and research. For example, Brookwood may use information about your transaction history with us, your general location, and information about your use of the services to engage in reporting, analytics, and research that helps Brookwood operate or improve our business, including but not limited to metrics measuring the performance of Brookwood’s marketing efforts and advertisements that you may see or receive. Brookwood and our service providers also may combine, supplement, and update the personal information that Brookwood collects from and about you, with information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from external sources. Brookwood may also use your information to help understand who is using the Services; to develop new products or services; and to help Brookwood analyze and improve the performance, usage and operations of our services overall. Brookwood will use external software providers and tools to help us perform these analytics.
- To prevent fraud, comply with applicable law, protect Brookwood’s business, and other purposes. For example, Brookwood may use your name, contact information, and other personal information to protect the security or integrity of the services and our business; to prevent fraudulent activity; to assist law enforcement; and/or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. Brookwood may also use and share aggregated or de-identified personal information for any purpose.
Brookwood will not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals. Brookwood participates/is a member of and utilizes “Google Analytics”, and a description including the effects of the program can be found here (Safeguarding your data – Analytics Help google.com. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see YourAdChoice.com
Because we link to social media sites, and from time to time may include third-party advertisements, other parties may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you visit this Site
Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
Brookwood uses no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of the Site, but uses encryption on portions where you are transmitting financial information to the extent that feature is made available, such as credit card information. When you are on any web site that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as perfect security.
Limitation of Liability
Process for Review and Changes
Given the limited information collected and the form in which Brookwood receives it, Brookwood does not offer a process for review and changes to personal information.
Children and Minors
Brookwood makes no active effort to collect personal information from children under the age of 18 and does not wish to receive any such information. Brookwood does not ask for the age of persons visiting its websites and is not responsible for the actions of any minors who access said websites.
Links to Third Party Websites
For further information on Privacy matters contact firstname.lastname@example.org.